Approximately 100 people were injured and one killed after officials said straight-line winds whipped through and collapsed a large tent outside Kilroy’s Sports Bar, near Busch Stadium, on April 28, 2012.
Two people injured when a party tent collapsed outside a downtown St. Louis bar last month have filed suit against the bar and the company that leased and installed the tent.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 45-year-old Janet Martinez and 25-year-old Kurt Volk, both of St. Louis, filed separate suits claiming significant injuries from the April 28 accident outside Kilroy's Sports Bar near Busch Stadium.
Victim of tent collapse died of blunt force trauma
The St. Louis medical examiner says a man who was killed when a tent collapsed near Busch Stadium on Saturday died of blunt force trauma.
58-year-old Alfred Goodman of Waterloo, Ill., was the only fatality when a party tent at Kilroy’s Sports Bar blew apart in a violent thunderstorm. 100 people were treated at the scene, and another 16 taken to local hospitals.